Here are a few pics of the new digs.
For quarters, we really lucked out. The house was built in 2005. I've never seen such nice on-post houses. Usually, they're circa 1963 and you should shut the heck up and be happy they actually have a house to give you, goshdarnit. (Shout out to Lauren and the linoleum castle in Ft Benning.)
My theory is that we are interspersed with other services (Navy, AF) They always get the better deal.
Whenever I a venture on a base, I always find myself saying, "Dangggg. Not only are their BXs and commissaries so much better, but their Burger Kings are state of the art."
So, us little Army peons are reaping the rewards of our generous sister services. I mean, c'mon. Lukie's room has an ocean view. A TINY one, but still you can see the PacO. Dang.
I will be certain to look back at these pics longingly when we are bedded down in __________. (Insert the name of a random third world country. We'll know specifics as soon as Uncle Sam decides to let us know where we'll be living 6 months from now.)
For quarters, we really lucked out. The house was built in 2005. I've never seen such nice on-post houses. Usually, they're circa 1963 and you should shut the heck up and be happy they actually have a house to give you, goshdarnit. (Shout out to Lauren and the linoleum castle in Ft Benning.)
My theory is that we are interspersed with other services (Navy, AF) They always get the better deal.
Whenever I a venture on a base, I always find myself saying, "Dangggg. Not only are their BXs and commissaries so much better, but their Burger Kings are state of the art."
So, us little Army peons are reaping the rewards of our generous sister services. I mean, c'mon. Lukie's room has an ocean view. A TINY one, but still you can see the PacO. Dang.
I will be certain to look back at these pics longingly when we are bedded down in __________. (Insert the name of a random third world country. We'll know specifics as soon as Uncle Sam decides to let us know where we'll be living 6 months from now.)
They even cut our lawn!
I love the green door.
3 comments:
Holy crap, I bet lots of Ft Benning people have quarters envy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is nice Julie!!!! And of course you decorated it beutifully, so there you have it, a great place.
I am betting on Guatemala. I think you should start a poll and give out a prize. ;-) Hahaha. I love polls, I am such a loser.
Hugs from GA,
Laura
BTW, I think I saw your friend Lauren with her husband and baby girl at Atlanta Bread Company, but I am not sure.
I don't know my brick rambler with classroom tile floor, no plug in the bathroom or countertop is really starting to grow on me. What is not to love about a floor that you can not destroy. They should really look into this idea for college apts. Or wait maybe my dorm room did have these floors and that is why I hate them so much. Ah the Army, we are spoilt.
Amen, sister! Army always gets the housing shaft. But just think, you could have your hubby back in Iraq all while living in your parent's house (the one you grew up in since you were 12) WITH your parents and your FOUR kids. I'd take the house.
Post a Comment