Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Herding Cats


Soccer Time!


So, in all my infinite wisdom, I thought it would be a good idea to sign Aiden up for the Toddler Soccer League. Don't laugh yet.

We go on Mondays from 9:30 to 10:00. "Why is it ONLY 1/2 hour!?!" I wondered (initially).

Our lesson consists of approximately 22 toddlers and their overly-excited parents chasing some soccer balls around some cones while the bored 20-year old coach texts his girlfriend on the sidelines and occasionally blows a whistle to switch up the drills. (I use the term drills very loosely.)

Dustin and my mom were able to attend Aiden's second soccer practice this week. Our 1/2 hour can be broken down into the following time span.

Aiden's Soccer "Practice"
Approx 3 min-running in various directions, w.out soccer ball
Approx 4 min-digging in dirt
Approx 3 min-picking the grass
Approx 8 min-pooping in the far corner of the park
Approx 3 min-getting pull-up changed
Appox 1 min-asking for snack
Approx 20 sec-demanding snack
Approx 1 min-in time-out
Approx 1 min-asking for juice
Approx 2 min-asking for a "soccer" hand stamp that's given out at the end of practice
Approx .32 seconds-kicking and running after the ball


At least he's tired at the end...



Lukie wanted to kick the ball!


And eat it...




Trying hard not to pull his pants down (Aiden, not Dustin)


Listening to the Coach


Receiving words of wisdom...

2 comments:

Andrea said...

For these very reasons, Jake is NOT in any outdoor activity yet. Keep him in it, and all the more power to ya!

Anonymous said...

I SO wish I could come to soccer practice too - hilarious!! Jeremy and I play soccer, but I've yet to see anyone pooping in the far corners of the field...